As a Product Design Lead at Wealth Wizards, you will be a hands-on design generalist with expert skills in UX and UI design, and fundamental skills in user research and service design.
Our design team is small but growing and you will be core to that expansion, being a design evangelist, mentor and leader.
This is a new role, so an exciting opportunity for someone to use their freedom to come in to help grow the role and the Design offering internally.
Skills & Attributes
- A brilliant and accomplished designer with proven experience working on things that exist in the real world
- Someone that enjoys being hands on. We believe lead designers shouldn’t be separated from the reality of making things
- Comfortable, confident and competent at managing and directing individuals and teams
- Able to frame and communicate challenges and opportunities to others, and create alignment on a way forward
- A natural and inclusive collaborator who can speak to a range of professionals from different backgrounds
- Well versed in conducting research, creating and validating ideas, creating prototypes and making confident recommendations
- Someone who takes a wide strategic view of problems, seeking multiple inputs and solutions and challenge the thinking of the teams you work with
- Able to understand progressive ways of working to drive both commercial and design value and have the ability to simplify complexity
- Experienced and confident in visualising and prototyping concepts fast to communicate ideas.
- Someone who gives and receives quality feedback in equal measures
- Comfortable with experimentation and clear understanding when to experiment and where to use defined solutions
- A natural storyteller and presenter
You must have:
- Veteran-level design experience with plenty of years under your belt, deep knowledge and expertise in user experience, research and product design
- A portfolio of beautifully crafted mobile and web interfaces
- Impeccable knowledge of design tools and workflows
- Proficiency in, and examples of, how you resolve difficult design challenges, as well as leadership, support, mentoring and working closely with other designers.
- Experience in being involved in projects that have not always followed the status quo, and can demonstrate times you have challenged dominant design perspectives and broken new ground where traditional design paradigms didn’t make sense
- An exceptional understanding of how behaviour and context impacts design
- The ability to multitask and contribute to more than one project at once
- A clear written and verbal communication style
- Successful stories about how you have helped others to develop, both in their craft and soft skills
Proactive, innovative, resilient and energetic
Driven and passionate
Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player
Educate and mentor the team around you about Design
Constantly seeking new learning/self-development opportunities
Ability to represent Wealth Wizards at all times
Adaptable and enjoys a challenge.
Builds strong collaborative relationships.
Flexibility to work in a fast-moving business which is developing rapidly.
Conscientious and tenacious.
Total trustworthiness essential.
Highly organised, methodical, meticulous and disciplined
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to, company wide bonus scheme, company pension, life assurance, employer paid dental/health cash plan, individual training budget and 25 days holiday (with the option to purchase an additional 5 days). We also promote flexible working days and encourage a healthy work/life balance.
If you’d like to send your CV in, email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.