We’re looking to hire a Junior Platform Engineer to come and join us and help grow our world-class team here at Wealth Wizards. We’re building one of the first automated advice platforms to support our customers and make financial advice affordable for all, not just the rich.
We’re using cutting-edge tech, like Kubernetes and Node, in a heavily automated system, running in a pure-cloud environment. We encourage our teams to own our products from inception to run-time. Platform engineers are responsible for building and running the tools that enable that while being embedded in the product teams to ensure a delivery-first approach.
We value the opinion of all those involved in building, running and using the products. We hold company-wide Show and Tells to celebrate the team successes ( and failures!) and encourage everyone to share what they’re working on and discovering through lunchbox sessions, town-halls, blog posts, etc. We love the Spotify model of squads, chapters and guilds but want to have our own approach and not just trying to copy something that may not be the right fit for us.
You’ll be working with Kubernetes, Node, MongoDB and AWS on a daily basis, to name but a few, though we don’t expect you to have experience in those, at least not on day one. The chances are you’ll be learning new things everyday as we adopt the best technologies to allow us to respond rapidly to increasing demand. You’ll have good Linux and network skills. You’ll know Docker and HTTP response codes will come as no surprise. If you’ve done something twice, you’ll have something in git for it and a pipeline to make it happen next time round.
There will be on-call, when you’re ready, but you won’t be on your own. We believe that all those involved in the app need to support it and doing so out of hours is no exception. We’ve got great offices in Leamington Spa and good benefits to match.
If this sounds like your thing, please get in touch!
The purpose of this role is to deploy and run the underlying technical infrastructure (platform) for Wealth Wizards to host automated online financial advice.
Duties and responsibilities
- Executing operational work within an Agile team
- Accepting guidance on best-practice to ensure data security and integrity without compromising agility and innovation
- Shared ownership for team status board
- Deployment of software releases to customer environments
- Adhere to all Information Security policies and procedures
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrate Wealth Wizards core values (PEAR)
- Knowledge of key technologies such as Linux and Containers
- Desire to automate
- Excellent organisation/time management skills highly desirable
- Linux Systems Administration
- Understanding of Agile Development process
Living our values
You are an individual who will uphold, maintain, encourage and live our values in your day to day work, behaviours and actions.
- Driven and passionate about platform engineering excellence.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic team player.
- Proactive, innovative, resilient and energetic.
- Constantly seeking new learning/self-development opportunities
- Ability to represent Wealth Wizards at all times (telephone, digital or face-to-face communication)
- Adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Builds strong collaborative relationships
- Flexibility to work in a fast-moving business which is developing rapidly
- Conscientious and tenacious
- Total trustworthiness essential
- Highly organised, methodical, meticulous and disciplined
- Above all else we are a people-centred company that strives to create great opportunities for the best people in the industry.
- We just so happen to have an amazing open, modern office space and a great benefits package including; 25 days holiday (with the opportunity to buy more), a health and dental cash plan, company pension, life assurance, flexible working, training allowance and that’s just for starters.
- If you would like to apply, send your CV to email@example.com