The Head of Legal is responsible for the tender, contract, negotiation and legal processes for existing and prospective corporate clients and suppliers, ensuring the desired outcomes and objectives of both the organisation and our partners are delivered.
Reporting to the CFO, and working closely with the Executive Team, this role includes taking ownership for RFI and RFP submissions, due diligence requests, and supplier and customer contracts. As the in-house legal specialist, you will be involved in drafting and negotiating contracts for both our Smart Platform B2B solutions, and our Employee Benefits contracts with employers, where necessary utilising external counsel or other professional advisers. There will also be the opportunity to lead insurance products directly related to commercial relationships where Wealth Wizards are helping drive innovation in specialist insurance in this area.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage contract negotiations with corporate partners and employer clients
- Review, feedback and suggest amendments on client and supplier contracts
- Protect WW interests by ensuring appropriate contractual terms are put in place, drafting new contracts/terms where necessary
- Determine when additional specialist legal support is required, liaising with WW independent legal advisers as necessary
- Work with the Business Development Manager Account Directors to compile RFI and RFP submissions from potential corporate partners
- Manage due diligence requests from potential corporate partners, compiling responses from subject matter experts across the business
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally
- Challenge existing ways of working to drive continuous improvement in tender, contracting and implementation
- Management of WW’s portfolio of IPR including Patents and Trademarks
- Working with external counsel, and patent agents as and when required
- Undertaking roles and activities in support of the company secretarial roles as necessary Ensuring suitable insurance policies are in place and helping deliver new innovative insurance products.
Skills and attributes
- Demonstrate Wealth Wizards characteristics (see below)
- Excellent drafting skills with a sharp attention to detail
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Exceptional communication and engagement skills, written and verbal
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Collaboration skills, driving consensus at all levels
- Highly organised and proactive, with excellent planning and time management skills
- Facilitation skills, drawing input and engagement across diverse audiences whilst managing to time and agenda
- At least 5 years PQE
- Managing B2B contract negotiations. Experience in a Financial Services and regulated environment would be an advantage#
- Knowledge and experience in intellectual property licensing and protection in technology businesses
- Drafting of B2B contracts, including iCloud Services and SaaS
- Managing due diligence processes
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Financial Services products, rules and regulations.
Living our values
You are an individual who will uphold, maintain, encourage and live our values in your day to day work, behaviours and actions.
- Driven and passionate about securing win-win outcomes
- Self-motivated and proactive team player
- Proactive, innovative, resilient and energetic
- Constantly seeking new learning/self-development opportunities
- Ability to positively represent Wealth Wizards at all times and through all channels
- Passionate about sharing learning and best practice
- Adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Builds strong collaborative relationships
- Thriving on the flexibility required to work in a fast-moving business which is developing rapidly
- Conscientious and tenacious
- Utterly trustworthy and committed
- Highly organised, methodical, meticulous and disciplined
- Takes ownership
Above all else we are a people-centred company that strives to create great opportunities for the best people in the industry.
We just so happen to have an amazing open, modern office space and a great benefits package including; 25 days holiday (with the opportunity to buy more), a health and dental cash plan, company pension, life assurance, flexible working, training allowance and that’s just for starters.
If you would like to apply, send you CV to email@example.com